Tuesday, December 3, 2013

"Yeild To The Bus" Has Become An Abuse Of Power

So picture this,

I'm driving to work this morning, I'm in the right hand lane getting ready to cross an intersection. Just after the intersection is a guy pulled over by police in the right hand lane. I signal and make my move to the left hand lane to avoid the blockage... so does a city bus right in front of me.

In the area I live in, city busses have a yield sign on the back of them. The purpose of this is to allow city busses to merge back into traffic after making a stop. I have never really agreed with this exemption but abide by the law and willingly let the bus in when in that situation. My beef is when this yield law is abused. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a bus bend the rules just like I saw this morning.

A city bus made a lane change in the middle of an intersection. This is another example of Government employees making rules for the general public but abiding by a different set of rules for themselves.  Politicians have their own private jets. In some cases, send their kids to a special school system provided by government. Government bureaucrats don't live in the real world. Do you think Air Force 1 has ever experienced a delay? Has the Prime Minister ever had to check his baggage or gone through a naked body scanner? Of course not.

In this case the bottom line is, you can't change lanes in an intersection. It's unfair that city transit vehicles can get away with something that I would get a ticket for. And I don't care that it's in the name of saving the planet... which is ultimately what this is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment